[clug] Firefox default profiles directory.

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Thu Oct 24 04:46:23 MDT 2013

Have a web app that has required a lot of customisation of a specific version of Firefox to run. I know silly setup but I have little say in the development of the app. Unfortunately it's using version 3.5.2 of Firefox.

While this is working fine I want the users to be using a newer version for browsing the net for obvious reasons.

The app in question also using a number of profiles for different aspect of it operation and so I would rather not have a new version of Firefox messing with the apps profiles. Hence the idea of getting the new versions profiles in a different directory structure.

So if I leave the 3.5.2 Firefox to work in the ~/.mozilla/firefox profile directory it would be good the get the lastest Firefox to work in ~/.mozilla/firefox24 . I just don't know how the change the default profiles directory.

I hope that explains it a bit better.

Randall

Sent from my CA-53W