[clug] Elementary OS

Nemo Thorx clug at nemo.house.cx
Tue Oct 15 17:43:08 MDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:18:08PM +1000, Andrew Janke did utter:

> And un-installing appmenu-* just seems like hackery.

Does this seem more appropriately less hackery for you?

$ cat ~/.xsessionrc
export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=''
export UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=''

(I don't know if those still work, mind you - I gave up on Unity quite quickly,
yet spent considerable effort trying to work out how to make it usable for my
taste [18] - hence having the above :)

[18] My taste is... eclectic  :) These days I run Mate, with PekWM (with
personalised theme and keybindings) as its windowmanager. It's not a difficult
to use setup, but it is a long way from anything 'out of the box' :)

.../Nemo