[clug] Elementary OS

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Tue Oct 15 07:59:00 MDT 2013

Not sure if this the more you want told. I really quite enjoy gnome-3 but I
was very late onto it so sadly missed the alpha test stage that so much was
made of. KDE was pretty great last time I used it. Xfce has been
consistently good for a number of years. ion is a pretty decent tiling
window manager. Rat poison will always have a place in my heart at the very
for the sheer joy of reading the greatest news group post ever that kicked
of the project. (1) Nothing wrong with fluxbox. And there is always the
ever popular and totally awesome "I wouldn't recommend the wm I'm using, I
wrote it myself for fun" But I haven't found the time to be that awesomely
hip. One day...(2)

One of the joys of linux is a different window manager/destkop, potentially
one you really, really love, is simply and {apt-get,yum} install away...
Assert(ubuntu_have_not_broken(this));

Using the mouse is a (sometimes necessary) hack. We should rename it the
__mouse.

(1) Craig Brozefsky is clearly one of those utter geniuses who shows up
amongst us every now and then. http://ratpoison.nongnu.org/inspiration.html
(2) Not a huge fan of unity myself either but know others who think it's
just fabulous and more power to them.