[clug] Elementary OS

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 18:12:56 MDT 2013

On 16 October 2013 09:43, Nemo Thorx <clug at nemo.house.cx> wrote:
> Does this seem more appropriately less hackery for you?
>
> $ cat ~/.xsessionrc
> export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=''
> export UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=''

Sadly it didn't seem to do much. Perhaps because I've already nuked
the packages in question.

The "glitch" that the close button goes back to the default position
when maximised drives me a wee bit nuts given that I have already put
it back in the "correct" place on the right! :)

At least these things still work:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences button-layout
menu:minimize,maximize,spacer,close
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences focus-mode sloppy
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences auto-raise false
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences
action-double-click-titlebar toggle-shade

personal preferences...