[clug] [OT] Broadband in O'Connor

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 10:57:38 MDT 2013

Ouch - you had a lot more trouble than we did.

Back in the early GFC days, the rental I was sharing was sold & we got the
boot. We had to cancel all the bundled services. Gas, elec etc were
cancelled without a fuss ("Landlord selling up? Not your fault."). Transact
were adamant about the cancellation policy and were going to charge a
cancellation fee. A phonecall from the account holder got nowhere with some
rude person. I wrote to them explaining that charging a cancellation fee
was a disincentive to choose their service in future, and they backed off
:-)

That said, I'm stuck on a 2 year transact plan now, which is annoying &
lacks flexibility/choices (no naked plans - but we are in a FTTH area).

Ben