[clug] CLUG in need of a new cat herder

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Sun May 5 21:58:34 MDT 2013

On 05/05/13 21:37, Paul Wayper wrote:
> This is the post about the things that need to be done for CLUG to be a
> better group:

> 6) A person to record CLUG meetings.  This would be either audio or
> audio/video, and would be processed down to reasonable size in a variety of
> free formats for distribution online (via http://mirror.linux.org.au or
> elsewhere).

I'm happy to set up a (my) video camera and press record at the
beginning of a presentation and stop at the end (maybe even pan and
zoom a bit, if necessary). Then transfer the MJPEG to somewhere and
run a script that spits out the variety of free formats in reasonable
sizes, if someone tells me what that means in practice. Then upload
the result to http://mirror.linux.org.au, if they are agreeable to us
gobbling up space.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.