[clug] Is anyone willing to install Kubuntu for me? For a fee?

Stephen Boyd bunyipr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 15:37:54 MDT 2013

What boot options does the bios provide?

Most have a legacy mode to support older versions of windows. On my Asus zenbook it is labelled UEFI Boot and I have it disabled.

Also, I had no problem installing Fedora 19 on a HP notebook that came with Windows 8 (BUT the windows virus keeps replacing the boot settings with its own - seems to be a HP thing).

Only distributions released in the last 6 or so months support UEFI.

Stephen.