[clug] Interception

Adrian adrian.blake at ieee.org
Wed Feb 27 13:44:12 MST 2013

I would like to build a machine to intercept and record all IP network traffic. In my case, that which is passing to and from the
Internet. I can physically place the box between the router and the network switch.

What Linux distributions are best suited for this purpose? And what is the best tool to record record the data? The quantity will
not be very great or fast, so recording disk capacity and speed are probably not an issue.

I could probably do this myself but the collective knowledge of the community will probably provide me with a better result.

Thanks

Adrian

--
Adrian Blake