[clug] February Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Feb 25 15:00:03 MST 2013

	Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 28th February 2013

Date:		28th February 2013 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Time:		19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:	Ruth Ellison

Abstract:	Have you ever wondered makes a user interface just work?
		How does human behaviour and habits influence the design
		and use of an interface? Can an interface be too simple?
		A good user interface helps users to accomplish their
		intended tasks as easily and directly as possible.
		Sounds like commonsense, but what's commonsense to you
		as the developer may not match up with what the user is
		trying to do.

		Ruth will present and facilitate a discussion around:

		 - What's user experience and usability  - How people
		really use the web  - How to gain insights into your
		users  - High level design principles for a better user
		experience

		Please feel free to bring along examples of user
		interfaces that you like and don't like and we'll use it
		in our discussion.

Venue:		Room N101
		Computer Science and Information Technology Building
		North Road
		The Australian National University

		See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

Food/drink:	Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
		about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
		want some.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.