[clug] Chasing a Cheap Android Tablet (linux Digest, Vol 122, Issue 16, Message 3)

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 16:17:12 MST 2013

On 18 February 2013 10:04, Miles Goodhew <mgoodhew at gmail.com> wrote:
<snipped stuff>
> I bought an Asus Transformer Prime some time ago, which has been
> updated fairly quickly and consistently ever since (Certainly updates
> a lot more often and up-to-date than any phone I've owned). While I
> have reservations about the design/build quality of this (They rushed
> it to market), the OS updates have been pleasingly frequent.

I've also had build/QA problems with the Asus tabs - a prime and an
infinity. I couldn't leave an SD card in the prime without it
rebooting itself. The Infinity had some power consumption problems and
the keyboard dock started to make a cracking sound on closing. On
closer inspection it was starting to split apart - a problem others
have had too. 2 tabs -> 2 returns!

Ben