[clug] Chasing a Cheap Android Tablet (linux Digest, Vol 122, Issue 16, Message 3)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 16:04:53 MST 2013

> Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 19:33:41 +1100
> From: jm <jeffm at ghostgun.com>
>
> Been eying off tablets for a while but can't really justify the price of
Sounds like a Nexus 10 fits the bill (Haven't really checked every stat though)

> The question I have the most difficulty answering is which manufactures
> have a history of providing ongoing support including O/S upgrades?
> Which models are most open?

Your preference for No 3G is good for updates. Not having the telco
involved really speeds-up the update turn-around time.

I bought an Asus Transformer Prime some time ago, which has been
updated fairly quickly and consistently ever since (Certainly updates
a lot more often and up-to-date than any phone I've owned). While I
have reservations about the design/build quality of this (They rushed
it to market), the OS updates have been pleasingly frequent.

M0les.

--
Miles Goodhew,
Executive Computer Scientist