[clug] Open Source, server based video/chat/conferencing system

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 23:49:18 MDT 2013

For those interested in the subject, Daniel Pocock has posted about
yesterdays session at DebConf13 where the latest development in WebRTC
were discussed.

http://danielpocock.com/debconf13-breakthroughs-otp-webrtc-jitsi-video-bridge
 (video links and slides included).

Very exciting! It looks like an Open plugin-free solution to the problem
is close at hand. The JsSIP side of things is already production ready.

On 12/08/13 15:15, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Anybody know of any production ready alternatives to Google
> Hangouts/Conversat.io/Skype

<snipped>

> Capabilities:-
> ;user management
> ;video conferencing
> ;chat
> ;file transfer
>

> Must be:-
> ;Open Source licensed
> ;run in Firefox/Iceweasel (bonus if it'll also run in other browsers)
> ;be simple for people to use
> ;platform agnostic
> ;*not* use Java or Ffflash
> ;*not* controlled by someone else (I want to run it from one of my servers)

<snipped>

Kind regards