[clug] GNOME 3 in trouble according to El reg. True or a beat up?

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 5 03:22:28 MST 2012

On 05/11/12 19:16, steve jenkin wrote:
> A friend sent me this link. I was wondering if it was just a beat up or
> 'real'. Anyone know?? [I use KDE, have never like GNOME].
>
> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/04/state_of_gnome/print.html>

Can't vouch for the authenticity of this article but it does sum up
Gnome fundamental error of judgement.

I have until recently stayed back in the Gnome 2.xx era to avoid Gnome 3
(and Unity) but have recently moved to Mint with Cinnamon Desktop and
with some effort now have the same level of functionality that I enjoyed
with Gnome 2 since my Linux journey started 5 or 6 years ago. Could it
be that Gnome really will just die?

Avagoodweekall

Ian Bardsley