[clug] The Rioters, they are complaining

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Jan 25 07:11:08 MST 2012

On 25 Jan 2012, at 09:02, Michael Still wrote:

> So, there's this thread on the RiotACT ...
>
> Perhaps we should have someone (Paul?) step into the thread and offer
> some actual help?

RiotACT is the cranky old fart public servant's equivalent to 4chan/9gag. They don't post there except to hear the sound of their own typing, and every post is a troll waiting for victims to bite. Note the articles which get the highest response rate are the ones where people can safely air opinions about pointless affairs. Serious articles (how can iTunes U make a difference to education in Canberra) get no attention at all.

Taking part in any discussion on RiotACT is only a form of entertainment for people who don't believe they are capable of changing the world. For everyone else it is torture.

Even if you did manage to change the mind of one cranky fart on The RiotACT, what have you really achieved, and what did it cost to achieve it?

Alex