[clug] Windows ignores trailing spaces in URLs does it inject them?

Michael James clug3 at james.st
Sun Dec 9 18:45:50 MST 2012

Dear CLUGers,

I just complained that a URL included in an all-staff email
 contained a trailing space (encoded as  %20)
 that prevented it from working on Mac.

   <https://learn.company.com.au/Capabiliti/menuscript.asp%20>

But it does work on Windows, clicks through fine.

So Windows is primed to ignore random garbage in a URL.

Am I being paranoid wondering if it injects/fails to prune
 certain garbage to trip up other systems?

Anyone else in this (self) select crowd seen anything similar?

michael

--
	  There is no Perl one-liner
 that a page of java can't do more correctly

  Michael James		clug3 at james.st