[clug] Fedora 15 boot issue (5 minutes pause)

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Sep 12 05:41:41 MDT 2011

I do have nfs mounts, and they, naturally, do not happen (fail) due
to networking not coming up. These mounts are not even looked at before
the 5 minutes expire.

One sees:

Started LSB: Port reservation utility.
Starting LSB: Bring up/down networking...
Started LSB: Monitoring of LVM2 mirrors, snapshots etc. using dmeventd or progress polling.
Bringing up loopback interface:
<5 minutes pause>
Starting LSB: Bring up/down networking failed, see 'systemctl status network.service' for details.

then later:

Starting Network Manager...
Starting Command Scheduler...
Started Command Scheduler.
Starting Machine Check Exception Logging Daemon...
Starting irqbalance daemon...
Starting Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology (SMART) Daemon...
Started Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology (SMART) Daemon.
Starting D-Bus System Message Bus...
Started SYSV: The rpcbind utility is a server that converts RPC program numbers into universal addresses. It must be running on the host to be able to make RPC calls on a server on that machine..
Started SYSV: This starts the SELinux Context Translation System Daemon.
Started ACPI Event Daemon.
Started Console Mouse manager.
Starting Network Manager failed, see 'systemctl status NetworkManager.service' for details.
Started Machine Check Exception Logging Daemon.
Started irqbalance daemon.
Starting /data1-nfs...

Eyal