[clug] Kindle 3 WiFi

Ric de France rdefrance at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 16:34:40 MST 2011

Felix,

On 25 February 2011 09:06, Felix Karpfen <felix.karpfen at gmail.com> wrote:

> The following entry (in the sales-pitch) also merits attention:
>
> "FREE transfer of personal documents: You can send your personal
> documents via e-mail as attachments to "name"@free.kindle.com. We'll
> convert them to a Kindle-compatible format and deliver them to your
> computer at the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com account
> login. You can then transfer the document to your Kindle using your USB
> connection."
>
> Having wasted a bit of money and a lot of time on a purchased dud, I am
> not eager to repeat the experience.  I have a gut feeling that the
> "Kindle 3 hardware" is likely to be of better quality than that of my
> Chinese tablet (which turned up its toes after 6 months of intermittent
> use). However, since my grasp of computer capabilities is rudimentary, I
> am looking for a forum of Kindle 3 users, to whom I can send "Kindle 3
> user" problems as they arise.  The Amazon site lists such a forum, but
> the quality of the offered answers (to a test question) was not
> encouraging.
>
> Thank you for the interest in my query and the prompt response.
>
> Felix

I'm hoping you are aware of the "*Amazon deletes 1984*" incident that
happened a few years ago -
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/technology/companies/18amazon.html

The Kindle device may be functionally better than other pieces of hardware,
but regardless what Amazon have said since the incident, you are still at
their mercy...

...Ric
--
Ric de France
Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)