[clug] Installing an Android OS onto a PC

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:30:23 MST 2011

On 17 February 2011 14:26, Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:
>> On 17/02/11 11:56 AM, Felix Karpfen wrote:
>>>
>>> It is possible that my budget Tablet may do all that I need, if I
>>> knew
>>> how to follow the instruction on:
>>>
>>> "http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_and_ln_ar?docId=165849822"
>>>
>>> which reads:
>>>
>>> "Capture the QR Code with your *phone's barcode scanner*".
>>
>> This bar code reads:
>>
>>   market://details?id=com.amazon.kindle
>>
>> In case that helps. Decoded using the bar code scanner from
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/zxing/

I use QR Droid, which is a free app available from the Android market.
Assuming you can access the market from your tablet, search for "QR
Droid", and hit the install button. Once it's installed, you can open
the app, scroll down to the "Decode" section, and select "From
camera". Then you just need to focus the camera on the QR code. Hold
it still until it beeps, and it will give you the option to opent he
URL.

Lana Brindley
writer:speaker:blogger
The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that
there aren't any space aliens. We can't be the best that creation has
to offer. I pray we're not all there is. If so, we're in big trouble.
 - Ellen DeGeneres