[clug] Installing an Android OS onto a PC

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Feb 16 20:26:09 MST 2011

> On 17/02/11 11:56 AM, Felix Karpfen wrote:
>>
>> It is possible that my budget Tablet may do all that I need, if I
>> knew
>> how to follow the instruction on:
>>
>> "http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_and_ln_ar?docId=165849822"
>>
>> which reads:
>>
>> "Capture the QR Code with your *phone's barcode scanner*".
>
> This bar code reads:
>
>   market://details?id=com.amazon.kindle
>
> In case that helps. Decoded using the bar code scanner from
>
> http://code.google.com/p/zxing/
>
> There's a link to the apk file on the top right of the screen. Problem
> is you have to display the bar code on another screen to be able to
> decode it. I don't know of an app that will decode it from within the
> browser.
>
> Hope that helps,

You might want to look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/zbar/

It reads images, the qrcode from a couple of messages ago reads

[owen at localhost bin]$ ./zbarimg ~/Downloads/qrcode.png
QR-Code:market://details?id=com.amazon.kindle
scanned 1 barcode symbols from 1 images in 0.03 seconds

I think there is a "mobile phone" version of this, leave it to you.

--
Owen