[clug] Install Fest ( 25th Sept 2010 )

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Sep 2 18:26:16 MDT 2010

Jeff wrote:

> * Network cables
> * Network switch
I can probably provide one or two 48 port 100Mb Switches, and a
reasonable number of ~5m Cat5 cables. It would be nice if as many cables
came back as went out, as this makes providing this kit in future a lot
easier. I'll cast around and see if it's doable that weekend.

> * Paul said he has a machine which he has used at past install fests
> as a Internet gateway (NAT box) and iso image server but it needs an
> overhaul before being used.
I've got a server I've used at installfests elsewhere setup for PXE and
NAT, but if Paul has one, I'll keep mine as the spare. If Paul's won't
or can't be ready, I'll offer mine up.
> * Anything I've forgotten.
Sanity. I have none to spare, but I'm sure someone can provide.

Steve

--
--==--
Steve Walsh, RHCE