[clug] Install Fest ( 25th Sept 2010 )
jsm900 at anusf.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 1 19:54:57 MDT 2010
As I'm sure your all aware Software Freedom Day is 18th September this
year. Traditionally the following weekend an Install Fest is held to
help install, discuss and diagnose problems that new or old FOSS uses
may be having. As in previous years it will be held in the same room
used for CLUG meetings at ANU. Here are the details and what we still
require to get this going.
Location: ANU CSIT Room N101
Date: Saturday 25th September 2010
Time: 10:00 to 15:00
What we need:
* People to help with setting up and running things on the day.
* Equipment ( see below)
Please let me know if your able to provide any of the following or if
you think that there's something missing.
* Chairs and tables ( already available as part of the room)
* Computers to act as support for installs. For things like burning
CD/DVD images we don't already have, transferring data to USB flash
drives, to act as Internet terminals to look things up, etc.
* Food and drink to keep the installers alive and happy (tea, coffee,
* Power boards and extension cables.
* Network cables
* Network switch
* Signage so people can find us on the day.
* CD and DVD images of FOSS software.
* Blank CDs and DVDs to burn to.
* Paul said he has a machine which he has used at past install fests
as a Internet gateway (NAT box) and iso image server but it needs an
overhaul before being used.
* Anything I've forgotten.
If you care to volunteer to help on the day and/or are able to provide
any of the above equipment for use on the day or you're able to prepare
Paul's machine for use please reply to this email either on list or off.
Your help is appreciated,
More information about the linux