[clug] glitch in upgrading Ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 21:38:32 MDT 2010

I just asked my Toshiba laptop to upgrade itself from Ubuntu 10.4 to 10.10.

It went through all the download and install motions but when it came
to reboot, all it came up with was the command line.  All the user
directories and files seem to be there but the GUI just does not seem
to load.

Is it possible to force it from the command line?

Any other suggestions?

This is the first upgrade over the last couple of years that has shown
any problem...

jim

--
Jim Croft ~ jim.croft at gmail.com ~ +61-2-62509499 ~