[clug] FOSS social software - anyone?

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Mon Nov 29 20:56:45 MST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Antti Roppola <
anttir at shub-niggurath.elder-gods.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> iIs anybody here investigating any of the FOSS social networking projects
> currently getting media coverage?

I donated to Diaspora, but have to admit I haven't been following the
project in detail.

I'm really hoping for an alternative to Facebook.  Facebook is very useful,
but I always feel dirty after using it ;-)

> After reading Tim Berners-Lee's recent article, I looked in to the two
> FOSS project he mentioned (GnuSocial and Diaspora). After a bit more
> looking I decided to give Appleseed a go as it was more complete than
> GnuSocial and less esoteric than Diaspora.

I'll have to go have a look at Appleseed and GnuSocial now

Cheers,
Neill