[clug] HOWTO: 3G via bluetooth phone on Debian Linux

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Sun Nov 14 16:43:59 MST 2010

On 14/11/10 16:29, Ian Munsie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The other night at PSIG Bob asked me about my Internet connection. I
> was connected to Optus mobile broadband using my Nokia N900 as a
> bluetooth modem. I said I'd write a blog entry about it with the
> scripts I use for it and so here it is:
>
> http://darkstarshout.blogspot.com/2010/11/3g-bluetooth-on-debian-linux.html
>
> Cheers,
> -Ian

Hi Ian,

Really well written entry. Easy to follow and makes sense. When I find
the laptop power supply I lent someone on Friday evening, I'll have a
go at trying it out on my MacBook Air whose 802.11 link has mysteriously
failed under Ubuntu Linux several months ago (I think it may have had a
firmware upgrade when I accidentally booted into MacOSX some months
ago).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.