[clug] [OT] networked remote controlled power sockets

jeff jeffm at ghostgun.com
Wed Nov 10 15:48:43 MST 2010

This thread made me think of the following for those think the smart
power boards represent a means to save power:

1) the European standard for electronic equipment in standby is that it
must consume less than 1W. For most devices this is easily done.
2) How much power do these and other "smart power point" consume? Done
properly these devices should consume much, but I have my doubts.

You could end up consuming more power than you save and thus costing you
more than even before you take into account the added cost of the device
itself.

Jeff.