[clug] Printer supplies - advice sought

Brians brians at en.com.au
Thu Jan 7 18:35:32 MST 2010

I would like to add a some of points.

1) Some printers are better supported by linux and in my experience
HP is one. Later versions of Linux support more printers out of the box

2) Getting a printer that supports postscript is better for linux but
usually not on the lower end (cheaper) printer

3) Getting a printer with an ethernet port is better supported for linux
but usually not on the lower end (cheaper) printer but they are better
behaved, have a web based status and setup, support multiple computers
independently.

4) Getting ethernet & Postscript usually means a getting a slightly more
expensive printer and it is usually better built and has better paper
handling
so generally less problems.

Value is better than cheap

Brian