[clug] Printer supplies - advice sought (linux Digest, Vol 85, Issue 19, message 7)

Kevin Pulo kev at pulo.com.au
Thu Jan 7 16:17:19 MST 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 08:13:04PM +0000, Felix Karpfen wrote:

> My instinct is that the problem relates to the geometry of the paper
> feed.  The paper feed on my Canon printer was from the top (and assisted
> by gravity).  On the HP printers, the papers are picked up from a
> horizontal wad of papers that lies at the front of the printer. So the
> paper feed gets no help when it has to overcome the surface friction
> between consecutive sheets.

Have you tried fanning the paper before loading it?  I didn't think
this was necessary anymore with modern printers, but perhaps lower-end
ones may still get some benefit from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGWfmsOcyvM

Kev.

| Kevin Pulo                Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. |
| kev at pulo.com.au               _ll l_ng__g_e_ _r_ hi__ly p__d_ct__le. |
| http://www.kev.pulo.com.au/         God casts the die, not the dice. |
`--------------- Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. ---------------'