[clug] Printer supplies - advice sought (linux Digest, Vol 85, Issue 19, message 7)

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:07:38 MST 2010

(Adding the list back in, I suspect Felix didn't intend to send this
just to me. Apologies if that isn't the case, Felix).

My comments below ...

2010/1/8 Felix Karpfen <kfelix at tpg.com.au>:
> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 07:34:19 +1100
> Lana Brindley <lanabrindley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2010/1/8 Felix Karpfen <felix at spodzone.org.uk>:
>
>> > For the record, the cost of buying a ream of printing papers from
>> > HP is greater than the cost of my latest printer (HP D2560) from
>> > ebay.
>>
>> Maybe the better question is - which printer do I buy instead?
>> especially if the paper is more expensive than the printer ...
>
> I expect that you are correct.
>
> My problem is - which printer? I run the current Debian stable and make
> no attempt to update it (or install alien packages).  So my
> printer-shopping starts with the drivers that my current version of
> Debian supports and then goes on to find a retailer that still stocks
> the printer that goes with the driver.

I would suggest finding several that you like the look of and are in
your price range, and then researching them to check for drivers. That
could be arse-about though, I guess.

Cheers! Lana

Writing gives you the illusion of control, and then you realise it's
just an illusion, that people are going to bring their own stuff into
it.
  - David Sedaris

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more information.