[clug] Printer supplies - advice sought

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Jan 6 22:15:48 MST 2010

On 07/01/2010, at 14:30 , Felix Karpfen wrote:

> Hitherto, I have bought my paper-supplies at the local supermarket.  I
> note that HP sells a range of papers for its printers at:
>
> http://search.hp.com/gwaueng/query.html?charset=iso-8859-1&lk=1
>
> and charges some 4-5 times the amount that I have paid hitherto.

Pretty much spot-on. Not enough profit from just the ink, so they design their printers to work with specific paper[citation needed].  All in your own best interests of course, since the cheaper paper won't show your documents or images to their greatest potential.

Cheap paper from the supermarket will work okay for laser printers, but even then you'll have problems with lots of paper dust clogging up the works.

One could opt for the more expensive paper and just use less of it, or ditch the printer altogether and get documents printed at the local print-shop.

Alex