[clug] Printer supplies - advice sought

Felix Karpfen felix at spodzone.org.uk
Wed Jan 6 20:30:57 MST 2010

In the past 3 years, I have managed to break(?) 2 HP Deskjet printers -
despite the fact that I use the printer infrequently.

After ordering my third printer, it occured to me that the problem may be
with the paper and not due to wear and tear of the (cheap) printer; the
printer works perfectly when there is only *one* sheet of paper in the
feed-tray.  The printer jams when asked to pick up the top sheet from a
pile of sheets.

Hitherto, I have bought my paper-supplies at the local supermarket.  I
note that HP sells a range of papers for its printers at:

http://search.hp.com/gwaueng/query.html?charset=iso-8859-1&lk=1

and charges some 4-5 times the amount that I have paid hitherto.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

All advice/suggestions will be gratefully received.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)