[clug] Who in Canberra replaces blown capacitors on motherboards?

Michael James michael at james.st
Sun Feb 28 23:38:49 MST 2010

On 23/02/2010, at 9:23 AM, Ben Nizette wrote:

>> Is there anyone in Canberra who can get out a soldering iron
>> and replace the blown capacitors with more reliable ones?

<threadjacking=on>

I managed to crash my son's radio control glider (on my first flight yet  8^()
 and put major creases in the electro caps on the motor controller.
The tops are folded in to a right angle as if hit with a steel ruler.
And it still works!  How bad can electros be, and hold charge?

I'd replace them but apart from capacitance (Farads) and Volts
 I'm not sure of the ratings of electros (to deliver current etc.)

</threadjacking>

--
Well theme my emoticons disgusted. What has Linux come to?
Michael James