[clug] of glue & DNS registrars

Matthew Firth clug at matthew.matera.net.au
Sat Feb 13 16:43:09 MST 2010

that's something that I didn't expect: name servers defined by a particular
registrar are "stuck" with that registrar for ever?

I would have expected that the registrar who holds the domain should be able
to control glue for everything therein?

That actually makes a change of registrar much harder.  If I want to get the
hell away from Melbourne IT forever, I now need to define three new name
servers with NetRegistry and redelegate every domain  [a number of which I'm
not the registrant of, ergo annoying]

matthew