[clug] of glue & DNS registrars

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Feb 11 02:57:00 MST 2010

> If there is anyone on list who:
> a) Knows what DNS glue is ;)

Mebbe I do, and Mebbe I don't.
> b) Has tried to change it for a .au 2LD

Yes
> c) Has actually succeeded in doing so online

No. over the phone quoting my domain name password / authinfo
> ....could they recommend me a better registrar to take my business to?
> Renewals come up in a few months so it seems opportune.

I went from MelbourneIT to Netregistry, but I still need to ring
MelbourneIT to update my (original) DNS IP's. If I register new ones,
they're with netregistry and are easy to do.

AIUI from netregistry, that was changing at some point, but I haven't
had the need to break my DNS for quite some time, so I can't tell you if
that's still the case.

--
--==--
Steve Walsh, RHCE