[clug] Flash corrupts black pixels (linux Digest, Vol 96, Issue 8, Message 1)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:29:26 MST 2010

Daniel,

> Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 18:25:46 +1100
> From: Daniel Rose <drose at dtlm.homelinux.net>
>
> I'm not seeking support from anyone, more offering something
> interesting, in case anyone's interested.

  That's OK, I'm not offering support, just interest.

> I have a gentoo system that's sorta-kinda half updated at the moment.

  ...Which is the natural state for a Gentoo system.

> just weird.  I wanted to test a screen capture, but import is one of the
> things with missing libraries.

  I doubt that would work. It sounds like the driver's both changing
the chroma-key colour (GIF-like transparency colour) to black and not
clearing and/or disabling the video layer (Which is a seperate
hardware buffer, usually in YUV colour). If you take a screen capture,
you're almost certainly only going to get the graphics layer (Usually
RGB), where what should be black will actually be black.

> Ah, gentoo, let me count the ways.....

  ... But not on one hand, 'cuz Gentoo's the kind if distro you could
lose a finger while installing.

--
Miles Goodhew,
Senior Computer Mumble Mumble