[clug] postgresql replication, monitoring and CMS

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Thu Sep 24 00:43:22 MDT 2009

On 24/09/2009, at 16:26 , Gavin Jackson wrote:

> I'm not sure if there was an outcome, a colleague and myself would be
> interested in finding out more about postgresql replication ...

I'm planning on having something ready for October CLUG meeting. The
intended content will be:
  - summary of replication tools available for MySQL and PostgreSQL
  - recipes for implementing the ones that I'd trust with my own data
  - ideally, a VMWare* virtual machine collection containing
implementations
    of these recipes using Debian "Lenny" as the guest OS

A little ambitious perhaps, but we'll see how far I get by the week
before October CLUG.

Alex

*VMware at this point since I have a licence for VMWare Fusion, and my
experience has been that VMware machines are portable between Mac OS X
and Linux (I haven't tried Windows yet).