[clug] postgresql replication, monitoring and CMS

Gavin Jackson gavin.jackson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 00:26:41 MDT 2009

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if there was an outcome, a colleague and myself would be
interested in finding out more about postgresql replication ...

We currently use a combination of opennms (for server health monitoring and
alerting) and cacti for snmp data collection and historic analysis (graphs
etc). This combination is working out well for us.
- http://www.opennms.org/
- http://www.cacti.net/

CMS - I've used drupal to build several sites used by Federal Government -
you really can't beat the range (and quality) of extension modules (however
in recent years it has become a bit overwhelming). More recent versions also
keep track of security updates (for both core and the add-on modules). We
are currently using an Open Source Java based CMS called OpenCMS (which is
meeting our basic requirements for managing the content of a (relatively)
static website).
- http://drupal.org/project/Modules
- http://www.opencms.org/en/

Also, I just came across a tool called cluster ssh which you can use to
connect to several hosts simultaneously - I was really impressed.
yum install clusterssh
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/clusterssh/

Cheers
Gavin Jackson