[clug] Virtual Machines?

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Thu Sep 24 00:47:52 MDT 2009

Dear list,

I'd like to know what you use for OS-portable virtual machines. I'm
currently using VMWare which has host software for Windows, Linux, Mac
OS X, and as indicated in my post about database replication I'd like
to find a way to ship a collection of virtual machines demonstrating
the replication models.

Can you recommend something besides VMware? I'm not concerned about
performance, licences, etc - my only concern is portability between
host operating systems.

It's worth noting at this point that VMware doesn't support Snow
Leopard when the host OS is booted with a 64 bit kernel.

Alex