[clug] Mobile broadband for linux?

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Sun Sep 13 20:18:03 MDT 2009

    Chris> Does anyone know whether there any problems using mobile
    Chris> broadband usb modems on linux?  I note most have connection
    Chris> manager software for Macs.  i.e. do any have linux
    Chris> applications in the included software or are they all just
    Chris> M$ & Mac?

    Chris> Are there any alternate connection managers about to run
    Chris> under linux?

In Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) "it just works" using Network Manager...  :-)

You probably need a supported modem.  I use Exetel
<http://www.exetel.com.au/> as my provider and have bought my USB
modems from them.  I've used the Huawei E1762 and Huawei E169 provided
by Exetel under Linux with no problems.

peace & happiness,
martin