[clug] Mobile broadband for linux?

Sanders King sandersking at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 13 20:12:22 MDT 2009

Linux certainly supports many of the mobile broadband usb modems.  The level of difficulty getting them working depends largely on which distro you are using.  Ubuntu 9.04 for example has preconfigured settings for all of the major telecoms in Australia.  For some plans you need to know your username and password (which sometimes are embedded in the connection manager software).  I couldn't tell you about other Linux distributions.

Cheers