[clug] mmorpg

Wesley Bruce wesleybruce at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 9 21:11:46 MDT 2009

$50 for the first person that can install on my new computer, running
ubuntu, the following Mmorpg's:
Second life linux beta, Downloaded but wont run??? We need to depreciate
something to 32 bit from 64 bit or some such thing.
World forge. Sear is on the ubuntu add/ remove list but wont run on this
computer. I actually need to be able to run ember from world forge but
that doesn't even get past the start menu.
Get Planescape linux version running. I think thats probably the same
problem. My guess is thats the problem with all of them but the sites
are all written in jargon I can't understand.

Get Cedega running, I've paid for it, installed it, nothing works, and
I've put in 2 bug reports to them but got no reply. (similar bug reports
in windows get replies within 18 hour in my past experience) Wine is on
the ubuntu add remove but it gives the same error message.

With Cedega or wine running I can rescue my starving avatars in Entropia
and Lord of the rings. The one in second life has already died taking
~100000 l$ to the grave. Ouch.
We need to record all the tasks and links so we can craft a fix it tool
for Linux that can be placed on the Add/ remove list so the problem goes
away for future linux users. I can't write the code but can see that a
tool is needed as a wine support package. Cedega would take it too.
Chris can't answer this I already owe him $50 and I think I'm driving
him nuts. lol.
It probably needs to be a house call. Its not a lap top.
Wesley bruce 7 Wondoo st O'Connor ACT. 61612151

If Linux is going to beat microsoft we need to get ahead of the games
not be playing catch up or copy cat.