[clug] Travel to LCA2010

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Sep 10 00:15:53 MDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 04:10:17PM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
> Steven Hanley wrote:
>
>> Or an extra week. Walk the Tonariro crossing one day, mountain bike Taupo
>> another day. Mountain bike rotarua 4 more days. A day of touristy stuff in
>> there somewhere.
>
> Flying with a bike seems like such a pain though...

I do not find it too hard. Using a GE Tardis [0] it is not much bigger than
a normal suitcase. Assembly or dissasesembly at either end is around 15
minutes to 30 minutes (depending on how many times you have done it) and I
have in the past ridden to an airport, packed up the bike and flown
somewhere than unpacked and ridden to where I want to go at the other end.

	See You
	    Steve

[0] http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/product-detail-TAR-BAG.htm

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
you gotta crawl through the desert, between when you hear it