[clug] building deb package roundcube

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Wed Nov 18 17:18:10 MST 2009

In order to fix a bug in the current version of roundcube that is
installed on our servers while maintaining some resemblence of order I'm
attempting to build from a source package on a ubuntu karmic koala for
installation on a production server with the same version of ubuntu.
Debian seems to have the latest release, so...

Download roundcube package sources from
http://packages.debian.org/source/squeeze/roundcube

# dpkg-source --nocheck -x roundcube_0.3.1-1.dsc -b
# cd roundcube-0.3.1
# dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b

and doing to manually,

# gzip -d roundcube_0.3.1-1.diff.gz
# tar zxvf roundcube_0.3.1.orig.tar.gz
# cd roundcubemail-0.3.1-dep
# patch -p1 < ../roundcube_0.3.1-1.diff
# dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b

both give

dpkg-buildpackage: warning: using a gain-root-command while being root
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY
reference at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 533, <STDIN> line 9.

dpkg-buildpackage: error: changelog parser
/usr/lib/dpkg/parsechangelog/debian gave error exit status 9

To those that know the debian packaging system better that I do what
have I missed? I think I have all the required dependancies installed.

Jeff.