[clug] building deb package roundcube

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Nov 18 17:58:08 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:18:10AM +1100, jm wrote:

> dpkg-buildpackage: warning: using a gain-root-command while being root

Your using -rfakeroot but you're root.  either run this as a normal user
(highly recomended) or remove that option.

> dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
> dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
> dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
> dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
> dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2

Normal.

> parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't use an undefined value as an
> ARRAY reference at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 533,
> <STDIN> line 9.

I'm guessing that the dirsto names between debian and ubuntu differ.  You could
/try/ changing all the instances of "unstable" to karmic.

> dpkg-buildpackage: error: changelog parser
> /usr/lib/dpkg/parsechangelog/debian gave error exit status 9
>
> To those that know the debian packaging system better that I do what
> have I missed? I think I have all the required dependancies
> installed.

I'm really just stabbign in the dark so I could be way of the mark.

Yours Tony