[clug] Has anyone got a recent nVidia card working multi-resolution?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:09:35 GMT 2009

> The ncurses-based dialogue started by NVIDIA-Linux-x86-180.51-pkg1.run tells me
> about the problem (sorry but I would have to stop X to try it again). I'm quite
> happy to build a kernel, just kept going until past my bedtime last night :-/

If you just redirect the error output to a file then post it here we
may be able to help.

> kernel headers? I have a whole kernel source that I'm configuring and building -
> that should be enough shouldn't it?

Certainly should so long as the nvidia installer can find it. (it
usually looks in /usr/src among other places).

(I am itching to say "just install ubuntu" but won't just yet.. :)

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)