[clug] Any experience with Iinet, naked DSL and belkin four port wireles routers?

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sun May 17 03:36:30 GMT 2009

Hi John.

I use Internode's naked adsl via a Billion wireless router and it has
been excellent for me. The VIOP telephone quality is excellent and the
data service has been great too.

I have no first hand experience with iinet's equivalent offering, but
they are generally well regarded.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/  can be a good resource for seeing
what others think of an ISP.

WEP is certainly thought of as being rather insecure these days and
WPA is generally seen as a better way to secure your wireless
connections. Some older hardware doesn't support WPA though (e.g. the
wireless built in to old Apple G4 powerbooks) but it is fine on all
reasonably current machines.

I can't comment on phone banking because I never use it. I do all of
my banking via a web browser.

Cheers,
MC