[clug] Re: TPG VoIP?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Fri Mar 27 03:09:38 GMT 2009

2009/3/24 Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com>

> Hey all,
>
> Can one use TPG's VoIP service without using their software or ADSL
> service?
> I'm with Internode and use Nodephone which has excellent quality, but
> wondering whether I can use my second phone port on my Billion to register
> VoIP with TPG. Some of their rates seem a little cheaper.

So I found out this is possible, and configured my router to connect to TPG
on the second port. Although I haven't done extensive testing (just calls to
mobiles and one to Hong Kong) theresults are pretty pleasing. People I've
spoken do have said the voice was very clear, and there weren't any
glitches. On NodePhone _sometimes_ there's an echo and delay, but I have yet
to see if this will happen on TPG.

-c