[clug] Re: TPG VoIP?

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 04:07:22 GMT 2009

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Chris Smart <mail at christophersmart.com> wrote:

> Although I haven't done extensive testing (just calls to
> mobiles and one to Hong Kong) theresults are pretty pleasing. People I've
> spoken do have said the voice was very clear, and there weren't any
> glitches. On NodePhone _sometimes_ there's an echo and delay, but I have yet
> to see if this will happen on TPG.

What's the latency and jitter like between your Internode link and
TPG? Hop count?

I wonder if Internode provide express forwarding of voice packets
within their network even when they're not destined for their own SIP
gateway?

I ask because I'm a bit surprised to hear that this works well.

cheers,
Dale