[clug] OT: naughty hyperlinks to cost $11,000/day

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Mar 18 21:47:14 GMT 2009

On 18/03/2009, at 22:55 , Ben wrote:

> My opinion is ACMA are doing this deliberately now, to make the filter
> look even stupider, in an effort to provoke more public outrage, as
> they themselves are opposed to it. I can't really think of any
> alternative believable option, although one wonders how they put the
> site in question on the list to start with...

Whether deliberate or not, the fact that a foreign country's blacklist
is blacklisted in Australia should be some indication as to how much
more than "kiddie porn" is on Steven Conroy's agenda.

An anti-abortion site is on the blacklist because of the pictures of
things that are claimed to be aborted foetuses. That's not kiddie porn
by any stretch of the imagination.

There's an anti-censorship protest on this Saturday, 1pm at Parliament
House.

Alex