[clug] Ubuntu fstab problem

Nathan O'Sullivan nathan at mammoth.com.au
Tue Mar 10 04:51:31 GMT 2009

I have a similar setup to Ian on a variety of Ubuntu machines with an
fstab line like this

storage:/media/storage /media/storage nfs rw,hard,intr 0 0

I believe NFS mounting after network comes up is controlled by

/etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs

Which is part of package "initscripts" .  Googling either of these might
help - launchpad.net seems to have a few hits on the mountnfs file.

FWIW, I've never had to do anything special to get NFS mounting to work
on boot (other than the remote machine being turned ready)

Regards
Nathan