[clug] Ubuntu fstab problem

Michael James michael at james.st
Tue Mar 10 03:52:56 GMT 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:09:18 pm Ian Bardsley wrote:
> Everything that should work is working with the exception of
> the mounting of NFS shares on the remote FEs at boot time.

 I could never figure out how any service starts in ubuntu
  which is why I scraped it all off and went back to SuSE.

In SuSE there is an init.d script  "nfs"  which
 when started mounts all the NFS shares mentioned in fstab.

Sensibly there is also an init.d script  "nfsserver"
  which exports all the NFS shares in  /etc/exports.

--
Well theme my KDE4 emoticons "Disgusted".
        WHAT has Linux come to?